Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: extension is no working

extension is no working 3 years 7 months ago #1

• geonta
Thank for the extension
When i select 'no' and select a module is not float. When i select 'Yes' the new parameters tab is not added in my modules.
You can see the problem here:
www.nephros.gr/kidney-diseases/glomerula...-disease/primary-mcd
I am sure that I do something wrong.
Can tou help me
admin: gntatsis, pass: 1ntatsis2
The administrator has disabled public write access.

extension is no working 3 years 7 months ago #2

• sdic
  • Developer
Dear Geonta

Thank you for your message and the credentials. We are connected and checked the problem.

The parameters of the plugin "Floating Widget" like you are made is right.

But we have noted 2 things that can explain why the extension not working on your website.

The first on backend : there is some errors in module manager (com_advancedmodules). You can see on the picture attached "nephos_backend_module_manager_error.png" the result of test below.

nephos_backend_module_manager_error.png

We have added another print-screen to compare the creation of a new module, see "sdic_example_backend_module_manager.png"

sdic_example_backend_module_manager.png

We have just created a new standard module "Custom HTML" (without save) to check the adding of tab "Floating Widget". But on your website there is only one tab "Module", normally there is some tabs in more and there is some errors from the component "com_advancedmodules". We think that these errors stopped the loading process of the module and not finished to load all tabs (Joomla and plugin "Floating Widget").

We have made this test with the "Floating Widget" published and unpublished. The results are the same.

The second is on frontend : there is some JavaScript errors with and without the plugin "Floating Widget" published, see picture frome homepage "nephos_frontend_homepage_error_with_plg_floating_published"

nephos_frontend_homepage_error_with_plg_floating_published.png

and "nephos_frontend_homepage_error_with_plg_floating_unpublished".

nephos_frontend_homepage_error_with_plg_floating_unpublished.png

The plugin used also jQuery and if there is some errors (for example "jQuery not defined") on the page the plugin will not work properly.

The problems described above must be fixed before use the plugin (or another extension).

For information to display the details of a web page, open FireFox or Chrome and use the key F12 to inspect a web page. Select the "console" tab to check the errors like on the print-screen (this console must be open before load the page).

Best regards
Team SDIC
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by sdic.

extension is no working 3 years 7 months ago #3

• sdic
  • Developer
For information : Topic moved to section "Floating Widget" >> "Issues, bugs"

extension is no working 3 years 7 months ago #4

• geonta
Thanks for your help
Moderators: sdic
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds